Wednesday, March 5, 2014

No Place Like Home

Yesterday I took my parents into the city.  For this little country girl it can be a bit stressful.  In my little town there are no stop lights, no one way streets and very few cars to contend with.  When I go into the city I usually come home with a headache.  I think it must be the air pollution from car exhausts and stress.  My skin even feels dirty and I find myself washing my hands more often through out the day while I am there.  

The best thing about going into the city is coming back home!

I am very thankful for where I live. Most mornings I step out onto the front porch and breath in the fresh crisp, clean morning air and I listen.....
I can hear birds singing their greetings one to another.  A cow mooing from across the valley.  A rooster crowing from somewhere across town.  The creek gurgling as it makes it's way down the hill. 
"Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." 
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.














8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. There are people I love and places I enjoy going to in the city - but the traffic and noise and chaos is tough to deal with.
    Have a happy one, now that you're back home again.
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, there's no place like home! I love your cozy décor. It's no wonder you enjoy it there so much!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a homey little space here. I too have a collection of Longaberger Baskets. I have read over your past postings and loved all that I read. We are from a small town and love the peace, quiet and charm of little towns as well. I love the quote that you shared. There is no place like home. Sweetest Weekend Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!